Black Rob Sentenced To Seven Years In Prison
Rapper Black Rob was sentenced to seven years in prison Thursday (March 30) after being convicted of grand larceny for robbing a hotel room in 2004.
The rapper pleaded guilty to criminal possession of stolen property in November 2005, after hotel security cameras caught him leaving a New York hotel with a woman's pocketbook in November 2004.
He was charged with stealing over $6,000 in jewelry and $300 cash from the woman's room.
Black Rob, born Robert Ross, was charged with burglary and criminal possession of stolen property and was subsequently sentenced to serve two to six years in jail.
He was free on bail, but a fugitive warrant was issued for his arrest when he failed to show up to serve his time as arranged.
A fugitive warrant was issued and the rapper was arrested in February 2006 in New Jersey.
Prosecutors gave Black Rob the maximum sentence because he failed to turn himself in.
The rapper released his sophomore LP, The Black Rob Report in 2005.
- Mystikal Gets Another Year For Failing to Pay Taxes
- Cassidy Home From Jail
- DMX Sentenced to 70 Days in Jail
- Pimp C. To Be Released From Prison, Bun B. Comments
- Young Jeezy Arrested After Altercation In Miami
- DMX Released From Prison For Good Behavior
- Suge Knight Brings Death Row East
- Murder Charges Dropped Against Gucci Mane
- Cassidy Found Guilty, But Beats Murder Rap
- C-Murder Aims For New Murder Trial
- Young Buck Reaches Plea
- Kim Airs Eminem Out, Eminem Responds To Drug Abuse Accusations